Watching Little L eat is highly entertaining, for those with strong stomachs. While she isn't a super picky eater, she is not keen on meat or certain mushy textures. Her current favourite foods include noodles, fries, fruit, and many kinds of "dip." She usually shies away from new foods, preferring instead to eat the same few things over and over again. However, she is still fairly adventurous within those parameters, and keeps things interesting by trying innovative, and at times disgusting, new food combinations.
Trust me when I say that some of these, when witnessed live, are a bit tummy-turning:
- bananas and ranch dip
- chow mein noodles and ranch dip
- spaghetti and tomato sauce and ranch dip
- Chex cereal and guacamole (this one is actually pretty tasty)
- sliced strawberries and guacamole
- bacon and vanilla yogurt
- sliced pepperoni "chips" and vanilla yogurt
- tortilla chips and vanilla yogurt
- "veggie sticks" chips and vanilla yogurt (yes, we eat a lot of vanilla yogurt around here!)
- French fries and vanilla yogurt
- apple slices and butternut squash soup
- tortillas and butternut squash soup
- croutons and cream of mushroom soup (also a tasty combination)
- Chex and garlic hummus
- fruit and garlic hummus
- spinach pakoras and whole milk
- cucumbers and gravy
- waffles and honey
- cucumbers and honey
- fries with plum sauce *and* ketchup
These are the ones that she likes, too. I haven't even named the ones that she tried that repulsed her. So yeah, eating at our dinner table can be an interesting, and sometimes nauseating, experience!
What kind of weird random food combinations do your kids like to eat?